Heat Pump Water Heater
The Nyletherm-220 Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH) is and energy-saving appliance that uses heat and moisture from the surrounding air to produce hot water. Using modern refrigeration technology it upgrades and transfers the air’s heat to a standard electric water heater or a storage tank. For indoor spaces with unwanted heat or excessive humidity, the heat pump provides free cooling and dehumidification, operating up to 250% efficient. With many thousands of units installed across North America, the Nyletherm-220 is proven reliable and effective.
- For homeowners with electric hot water and high consumption, a heat pump water heater is a great solution for energy and cost savings. It saves approximately 40% on electricity, and meets the household hot water needs. Outdoor air is typically ducted in and out of the unity through an exterior wall, attic space, or unheated crawl space. Where dehumidification is needed in damp basements and crawl spaces, the Nyletherm-220 uses indoor air as the heat source.
The Nyletherm-220 is also effective for heating:
- hot water in wood heated houses
- hot tubs/spas
- swimming pools
- in-floor radiant heating
- Food services (restaurant kitchens, bakeries), Laundromats and some manufacturing experience excessive indoor heat. The Nyletherm-220 operates at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of gas or electric water heating plus provides air conditioning and dehumidification as a free by-product. The free air conditioning improves employee comfort and can increase productivity. Two or more units can be installed to supply large water heating loads. Various configurations are shown in the application sheets.
Installation & Operation:
- The Nyletherm-220 is supplied with complete instructions and an installation hardware kit. Additional requirements include a standard electric hot water tank (175 liter minimum), or additional dedicated storage tank. Water connections are made with flexible pipes and fitting included in the kit. See the Installation Manual for a complete list of parts and criteria for dependable and safe operation. Local codes should be researched before installation.
- 7,000 Btu/hr (2kW)
- 45 liters/hr (12 gal/hr) at 49C (120F) tank temperature
COEFFICIENT OF PERFORMANCE
- 2.5 to 3.0
COOLING AND DEHUMIDIFICATION
- 4,000 Btu/hr and 1.8 liters/hr
- Volts: 208/230
- Amps: 5
- Phase: single
- Frequency: 60Hz
- 5C (40F) min air inlet
- 43C (110F) max air inlet
- The HPWH must be kept above freezing (or drained) and below 43c (110F)
- With indoor air heat source, a minimum room size of 50 cu.m. (1,800 cu. ft.) is required
- Maximum tank temperature 60C (140F)
RECOMMENDED HOT WATER USAGE TANK SIZE
- 189 liters(50 US gal) or larger
- Maximum Tank Element Size: 5,500 Watt
- Compressor: Carrier Rotary Compressor
- Refrigerant: mp39
- Pump: Grundfos Circulating Pump
- Water Flow Rate: 2 Gallon per Minute
- Fan h.p. and cfm: Automatically Variable
- Limit Protection: Compressor Overload and High and Low pressure switches
- Condenser Coil: Vented Coaxial Type
- Filter: Washable
- Width 15 1/8"
- Depth 10 1/4"
- Height: 26"
- Comes with a bracket for wall or ceiling mounting
- Net – 38 kg (85 lbs)
- Ship – 61 kg (135 lbs) with installation and pallet
- 110v condensate pump
- Duct kit
- Wall mount bracket
- 20 foot power cord for remote installations
- 20 water tubes for remote installations
- 5-year limited warranty
Written by EngeryWise Technologies